By Thomas Steffen
Reconfiguration, an technique for fault-tolerant keep watch over, contains altering the keep watch over constitution in keeping with the fault. This monograph extends this concept to actuator faults and reports intimately the so-called digital actuator procedure. "Control Reconfiguration of Dynamical structures" additionally introduces structural research as a device for reconfiguration. simply because a fault adjustments the constitution of the method, the reconfiguration resolution is sought on a structural point. Novel algorithms are awarded to check for reconfigurability and to discover a reconfiguration answer. A MATLAB toolbox is equipped, which incorporates the most algorithms and examples. The booklet addresses complex engineering scholars, builders and researchers that experience a particular curiosity up to speed reconfiguration.
Read Online or Download Control Reconfiguration of Dynamical Systems: Linear Approaches and Structural Tests PDF
Best control systems books
This unified quantity is a suite of invited articles on themes provided on the Symposium on platforms, keep watch over, and Networks, held in Berkeley June 5–7, 2005, in honor of Pravin Varaiya on his sixty fifth birthday. Varaiya is an eminent school member of the collage of California at Berkeley, widely recognized for his seminal contributions in parts as various as stochastic structures, nonlinear and hybrid platforms, disbursed platforms, conversation networks, transportation platforms, energy networks, economics, optimization, and structures schooling.
A recognized French author, Anatole France, loved to claim, "The destiny is a handy position to put our desires" (1927). certainly, this comment earnings complete which means whilst one considers the heritage of what we name this present day "Robotics. " For greater than 3000 years, mankind has dreamt ofthe risk of arti ficial machines that may have all of the merits of human slaves with none in their drawbacks.
Keep watch over conception has purposes to a few parts in engineering and conversation idea. This introductory textual content at the topic in all fairness self-contained, and contains a variety of issues that come with attention difficulties, linear-quadratic optimum keep watch over, balance thought, stochastic modeling and recursive estimation algorithms in communications and regulate, and allotted procedure modeling.
In an period of severe festival the place plant working efficiencies has to be maximized, downtime as a result of equipment failure has turn into extra expensive. to chop working expenses and elevate sales, industries have an pressing have to expect fault development and last lifespan of business machines, procedures, and platforms.
- Digital Control Systems: Design, Identification and Implementation (Communications and Control Engineering)
- Access Control Systems: Security, Identity Management and Trust Models
- Analysis and Control of Complex Nonlinear Processes in Physics, Chemistry and Biology
- Modeling and Control of Complex Physical Systems: The Port-Hamiltonian Approach
- Neural network control of nonlinear discrete-time systems
- Hybrid Dynamical Systems: Observation and Control
Extra resources for Control Reconfiguration of Dynamical Systems: Linear Approaches and Structural Tests
3) 0 10 where w= w1 w2 is the reference input for the levels of the two tanks. The control structure is shown in Fig. 2. 74 0 y=x z = x2 . 75. 2. 4 Faults Three faults are considered: 1. 4a) 2. 4b) 3. loss of sensor y1 (sensor data not available, ﬁll with 0 instead): y1 = 0 = x1 . 4c) Since the linearised variables are considered (without the steady state oﬀset), a value of zero means that the variable is at its nominal level. Therefore, the two actuator faults (u1 = 0 or u2 = 0) assume that the corresponding actuator becomes stuck in the nominal position.
However, the analysis is signiﬁcantly simpliﬁed, if the reconﬁguration block and the faulty plant are considered together. 5 Note that this structure is chosen to provide a starting point for the automatic design of the reconﬁguration block. It does not restrict the set of possible solutions to the reconﬁguration problem, since theoretically any new controller can be implemented in the reconﬁguration block without connection to the nominal controller. However, in order to keep the changes of the control loop to the minimum, the nominal controller should be used where appropriate.
The weak reconﬁguration goal requires the output zf to reach the nominal equilibrium. This requirement corresponds to the control objective of keeping a constant level in tank xf 2 , since zf = xf 2 . As shown in Fig. 3, the nominal loop does not follow the reference value w2 exactly. There is a remaining deviation in the order of 10% of the requested change. Any reconﬁgured system satisfying the weak goal will have exactly the same deviation, and this guarantees that the deviation is no higher than acceptable.